What is the number of 'Overall sprint progress bar' in Sprint Health gadget ?

Tim, Byeon May 17, 2023

What is the number of 'Overall sprint progress bar' in Sprint Health gadget ?

As you know, there are numbers over the 'Overall sprint progress bar' in Sprint Health gadget. 

- Normally

1) Blue : "To Do" & numbers (4)

2) Yellow : "In Progress" & Numbers (9)

3) Green : "Done/Closed" & Numbers (2)

20230518_SprintHealthGadget.png

I thought those(4,9,2) were the story points, but sometimes the number is different from when I follow the link of "Issue Navigator". 

For example, I followed the link of "2"(green) to "Issue Navigator" and I sum all story points, "34.95".  It's different between the number green area (2) in Overall sprint progress and the number of sum (34.95) following link of "Issue Navigator"

20230518_SumOfStoryPoints.png

I don't know why the number is different between 'Overall sprint progress' number and issue navigator number (Sum of story points of issues)

Please give me an advice. 

Sincerely,

Tim

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim, Byeon May 18, 2023

I figure out the reason.

Our project team has 2 scrum board but we're using 1 same sprint. 

- So in the 'Sprint Health Gadget' that's correct number (ToDo : 4, InProgress: 9, Done: 2)

But when I click the link "View in Issue Navigator" as below picture, the JQL is not same as the board filter query.

20230518_Jira_SprintHealthGadget_Capture2.png

• JQL : status in ("InProgress") and sprint = xxxxx
    • JQL condition is just "status" and "sprint ID"
  • But in the board query, there is one more condidtion, that is "team information" such as "assignee in (A, B, C, D)"
    • JQL : project = "XXX" and assignee in (A, B, C)
  • I expected when I click the "View in Issue Navigator"
    • Expected JQL : project = "XXX" and assignee in (A, B, C) and status in ("InProgress") and sprint = xxxxx
    • there is no condition of the board filter condition (assignee info.)

So it's the main reason is the difference is to use the same sprint at the different board. 

It's posted as follows,

Thank you for viewing my question.

Julia Petrova October 4, 2023

We faced with the same problem. Sprint numbers looks good on the gadget, but when you are drilling down to navigator to check the list of issues, it is showing all issues with specified status but without board's query specifications. That behaviour looks like a bug in Jira. Does the ticket for this problem exist?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events