What is the best way to create a Sprint that includes issues from multiple projects?

Jill Guardanapo March 15, 2018

Now that boards are located within projects, what is the best way to create a sprint that includes issues from multiple projects?  

We have one development team working on issues included in projects from two different companies owned by the same parent organization.  The Product Owners do not have permission to see the issues for the other company.  In the old Jira, we housed the sprints in a project that only the development team had permission to see.  The Product Owners could see what was going on with their tickets in the individual project boards for their company.  Therefore, we would have 2 boards tied to the same project, one that the Product Owners and the development team can access and another sprint board that only the development team could access.  

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better way to combine project issues into one sprint, now that boards are not accessible outside of a project?  Any input is appreciated.   

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

I use an add-on product called Backbone Sync, and I've set up a bi-directional sync between the projects with dependencies. I documented how I configured it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Jira-Backbone-issue-quot-backsync-quot/qaq-p/742781

Hope this helps.

-Scott

Jill Guardanapo March 15, 2018

Thank you, Scott!  I will take a look and see if that works for us.  

Suggest an answer