Jira Backbone issue "backsync"

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2018

I am using Backbone to sync some issues in two projects:

• Issues in Project A with the label "ProjectA2ProjectB" are synced to Project B
  • Issues in Project B with the label "ProjectB2ProjectA" are synced with Project A

This works fine in one direction...each project correctly syncs the issue with the original, or "owning" project. However, the projects do not backsync changes...

Specifically, I want to create an issue in Project A with the "ProjectA2ProjectB" label, and when changes are made to the synced issue in Project B I want those changes to be reflected in the Project A issue. Is there a way to set up this type of backsync automatically for issues that are project dependencies?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2018

I successfully set up the bidirectional sync, here is what I did:

• Added the Field Mapping "Labels" to the Issue Syncronization
  • Verified that all the fields that need to sync are also mapped
  • Added the filter in Issue Mapping Labels = "ProjectA2ProjectB" OR Labels = ProjectB2ProjectA"
  • Set the labels on the test issue in Project A to "ProjectA2ProjectB"
  • Set the Labels on the test issue in Project B to "ProjectB2ProjectA"

When the sync started the issue in Project A came over to Project B with the label "ProjectA2ProjectB." Project B's test issue did the same.

Because the sync found the "ProjectA2ProjectB" label in Project B, not only was the issue from Project A to get created in Project B, but it also synced the changes made in Project B to carry over to Project A. 

0 votes
Lesean Anderson June 13, 2023

Love the move

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events