What is a plan?

Melanie Beaudry Desjardins July 2, 2021

I am trying to setup the hierarchy for initiatives in my project and it's referring me to my plan. How/where do I access my plan settings?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/configuring-initiatives-and-other-hierarchy-levels-802170489.html

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

The hierarchy mentioned in the documentation is only available if you are on the Jira Cloud Premium plan, this is a feature that is part of Advanced roadmap. There are also apps on the Marketplace that would allow you to create a similar hierarchy.

0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

@Melanie Beaudry Desjardins - hi Melanie! Are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Data Center/Server?

If you're using Jira Cloud, refer to this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/advanced-roadmaps-home-998650885.html

The docs you linked are for the on-premise (Data Center/Server) versions of Advanced Roadmaps.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2021

Note that you have to be on Jira Premium subscription in order to have access to Advanced Roadmap.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Melanie Beaudry Desjardins July 5, 2021

@Dave Liao @Mikael Sandberg we are using JIRA Cloud but not the Premium subscription. Does this mean I cannot configure hierarchy in my project, in this case for the initiative issue type that is not included in the default scheme?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2021

@Melanie Beaudry Desjardins Correct, the hierarchy mentioned in the documentation can only be set if you are on the Premium plan. There are apps on the Marketplace that would allow you to create a similar hierarchy.

Like # people like this
Melanie Beaudry Desjardins July 6, 2021

thank you for the clarification @Mikael Sandberg 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS