What is Error W40KLO?

Deleted user March 22, 2021

Hi. 

I'm currently evaluating Jira for my firm with a free plan, but I'm having issues today. 

Every time I try to access a project or, settings, or anything else for that matter, I'm met with the error in the subject line of my question (pic at the bottom). 

I've cleared my cookie cache and history generally, but no luck; does anyone have any ideas? 

Thanks in advance, 
Jira Cap.PNG

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  There was a problem that affected some Jira Cloud sites that would generate that error.  We posted an update to the statuspage about it over in https://jira-core.status.atlassian.com/incidents/p8k5gn60r8zr

At this time the problem has been resolved.

Andy

3 votes
Tahir Iftikhar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2021

Screenshot 2021-03-22 at 12.27.22.png

I have the same issue

Thanks, glad it's not just me. :) 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

I've asked Atlassian to look at it in Slack, they should know it's the same error for more than one site!

1 vote
Stefan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2021

Same issue here, but with standard plan

1 vote
Stijn Beeckmans March 22, 2021

Systems are down, I guess... I'm having the same problem and other posts are describing same behaviour.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/No-more-access-to-my-JIRA-Projects/qaq-p/1644101

But JIRA statuspage says it's operational...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

No, that's unrelated.

What error are you actually getting?

Stijn Beeckmans March 22, 2021

Now it's showing another page again... (no more error: W40KLO)

problem JIRA.png

In my URL I see the following...

/login?application=jira&dest-url=%2Fbrowse%2FSAP-1&permission-violation=true

but 5 minutes before, I still had access to the same page. I'm the only admin, so no one could have changed security settings...

So I guess there's something going wrong with JIRA cloud.

0 votes
Bernardo Vieira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 22, 2021

I'm also getting this error. But I can use Confluence without any problem.

Stefan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 22, 2021

Status-Page now shows the Issue: Atlassian Status

In our case the issue is solved, Jira is up and running. But the time we had the issue, also only jira was affected, Confluence worked without any restrictions.

Like Bernardo Vieira likes this

Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2021

It's an error reference to give to Atlassian support when you raise a support request with them.

Thanks for your reply. 

Unfortunately there's no one-to-one support for free plans (that I can see anyway, the support form directed me here, to the community). Was hoping someone had come across it before and could give detail to resolve if possible. 

Thanks again. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2021

Ah, sorry, we're a bit stuck then.

The problem is something that has happened on the back-end, inside the Jira system you are using, and the code given to you is generated by it, just to enable Atlassian to find it quickly in the logs and data.

But if you're on the free plan, there's not a lot we can do - we'd need back-end access to see the records of the problem, but we can't do that on Cloud.

Atlassian support do get told when this sort of error happens, so they will take a look, but I don't know what will happen beyond that, they may just silently fix it.

Nice one, thanks for your input. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events