What if we implement the custom plugin directly on production in jira Server

Nishant Paraskar December 8, 2021

What if we implement the custom plugin directly on production in jira Server

What can be the possible issue come in production jira server ???

Note - As due to time limit we are looking for approch to directly implement custom plugin for jira production server

1 answer

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hi @Nishant Paraskar These are couple of things need to consider before installing the plugin on production site.

1. What functionality that plugin is providing and based on that the impact can be identified.

2. As the plugin is custom developed if you encounter any issue on production then it will make a site down or there may be other implications that some functionalities will be broken.

3. If it's a time bound still I would recommend to have at least basic testing on lower instances before installing it on production.

Nishant Paraskar December 8, 2021

Thanks for Comment @Sagar .

Is there any Documentation available on Atlassian which can be help to understand the Actual Problem/Issue which will comes if we directly go with Production Environment.

As per my understanding we may face issue in terms of functionality broken , Site Down Due to memory cache issue as jira is java based application  so it can be due to Issues in JVM  related memories etc. 

This is my understanding as per working experience but is there any documentation on it ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events