What date fields are used for display of epics in the basic roadmap of a next gen project?

ruel.loehr August 25, 2020

Im trying to determine where the end date is stored at.   I have an end date field on my epic, but it does not seem to have any effect on the roadmap.

What field is used for displaying the end date on the roadmap?    

1 answer

1 vote
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2020

Hi @ruel.loehr 

You need 'start date' and 'due date' for your epics to show up in the roadmap.

Hope this helps, let me know if I've misunderstood your question

Narendra Kumar December 9, 2020

Hey @Stuart Capel - London  when we update the start date and due date for the epic, why it's not reflected in the roadmap ? Roadmap is still showing the old start date and due date  for the epic. We're using classic jira projects.

Can you please let us know if you've an idea? Thank you in advance. 

Regards,
Narendra

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2020

Hi Narenda,

You might have multiple 'start date' fields. I found we had 3 fields all called 'start date' which can be problematic.

In your plan, at the top left next to the name of the plan is a cog icon. If you go into this configuration screen it will show you which date fields are driving the plan. 

I find Advanced Roadmaps super helpful in setting start/due dates in bulk - I prefer it to adding them in each issue 1 by 1. On the plan you can move the bars and increase/decrease durations until it looks right. Once you're happy, click 'review changes' in the top right and click 'save selected changes in Jira' and the start and due dates should show up in your issues.

Let me know if this works for you

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events