What are the steps to add one more user as site administrator?

Rahul Prabhune September 1, 2022

Our current site admin is not able to find what are the steps to add one more user as a site admin.  we need to know the step by step instructions on how to do that.

we need the new site admin to be site admin for JIRA software ... all projects under the site.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi Rahul - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Take a look as this article I previously wrote:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/How-To-Guide-Granting-a-User-Site-Admin-Permissions-for-Jira/ba-p/1731669

Rahul Prabhune September 4, 2022

Thanks @John Funk will check this today... 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Elvir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Hello Rahul,

Basically, you go to user management, select a user, hit add to groups, and add that user to the site admin group.

Yould could also select site admin groups from user management and groups, and add users invidually into it.

Here is the complete documentation with step by step guide.

https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/give-users-admin-permissions/

Cheers,

Rahul Prabhune September 4, 2022

thanks @Elvir .. I think the problem is.. the current site admin was also a regular user who was later converted to site admin. Still at present he is not able to see the user management menu (this is what info i have). Not sure if he was made site admin with no rights to make others site admin.. 

but i will still check.. will go through the links you have given and see what happens.

FYI we are using the web/cloud version of JIRA.. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events