You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.
This brief article will show you how to grant site administrator permissions to one of your users. It will also include a short video to show you have it is done!
Site Admin permissions allow a user to Manage other Users within your organization. They can add/invite additional users, grant access to products and add users to groups.
1. Navigate to the URL of https://admin.atlassian.com
2. If you have access to more than one site, you will need to select the appropriate instance.
3. You will land on a list of users for your instance.
4. Click on the Groups link in the left hand panel.
5. Select the site-admin group by clicking on the group name.
6. Click the Add members button at the top
7. Select the user you want to add as a site admin
8. Click the Add button.
That's it! You have now granted another user site administrator permissions.
See the process in action:
Jira Systems Administrator
2,369 accepted answers