Webhook not giving events to slack.com

Viewing page 2 of 2

32 answers

0 votes
Burke Culligan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 24, 2016

You need to use the JIRA <-> Slack App Integration method and not a generic webhook... so from Slack's side setup a JIRA App integration and it will give you the appropriate webhook URL to use.(and then paste that into the JIRA side).. for whatever reason it does not work with a generic Slack webhook URL... 

Also if you change the name of a status filed in your workflow, this will break the Slack-JIRA webhook integration, so you'll need to reset the conditions on the Slack side with the new name of the status/transition. 

0 votes
Christian Marth February 22, 2016

Yeah it's still not working, I created a custom notification using Zapier to catch a webhook from JIRA for comments and post to slack

0 votes
William Harris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2016

I updated the code by @ks yun and made it run as a service on the same server as my JIRA server. Works like a charm:

https://github.com/Kisung/jira-comment-slack

0 votes
Nestor Toro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 26, 2015

Thanks for the suggestion Julien. Unfortunately, we're pretty tied to JIRA for both issue tracking and Agile project management. Perhaps that was my first mistake ;-)

0 votes
Nestor Toro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 26, 2015

Greetings. The problem still exists as of 3/26/2015. I don't see comments being pushed to Slack. What is the status of this issue? Is it a JIRA or Slack problem?

Piyush_Annadate July 17, 2017

That's the issue as 'JIRA CONNECTOR from SLACK TEAM".

Do the below:

1. Enable 1st and 3rd option of Additional Notifications in Slack -> JIRA configuration

2. Un-Check Comment update/delete/create in JIRA webhook configuration

3. Enable issue 'update'

Test and enjoy !!

Thomas McHugh January 23, 2018

Unfortunately this fix doesn't work for me.

0 votes
Terrance MacGregor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 15, 2014

100% agree. Jira on Demand is not sending updates into Slack.com. Would love to see this working.

0 votes
Florian Huber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 11, 2014

This problem still exists (in Jira On-Demand). I really would like to get any updates, e.g. assignments - in order to get rid of our email notifications.

So far, the beauty of webhooks is not fully approachable.

Suggest an answer