Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

We couldn´t update the issue

Hi there

it seems to be an quite identical issue to this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/We-failed-to-reorder-the-issue/qaq-p/1427884 - but this solution doesn´t work for me.

I´ve created a new Software Project. When I try to drag an issue I get after some seconds this screenshot

update_issue.png

I am admin. BTW Not only for the project. I´m admin for the whole site.

admin.png

I tought and expected this was fixed two years ago?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Sep 20, 2022

Hi Christian,

Since it is referencing a "reorder" make sure the user has Schedule Issue permissions in the Permission Scheme for the project. 

John Funk Community Leader Sep 23, 2022

Did you check this permission? 

Hello @Christian Bauer 

Does this happen on just one project? Also, does it happen on all issues, or just one/some?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi Michael

this happens to at least to our PO. Our PO is no Site-Admin, just for the project.

I´ve noticed this on al least two projects.

Best regards

christian

Hi Christian, 

Thanks. I wanted to make sure this is a permission issue with a user, not an issue with the issues themselves.  So, to confirm, your PO is unable to move some issues, but can other people move those same issues? If this is not the case, the issue might be with the issues (no pun intended). 

Thanks,

Michael

Sorry, was busy the last day.

The issue still persists. I also asked more colleagues - all are obviously affected.

Is there a way to start a debugging-session or create a log-file?

What would help to isolate the issue?

Best regards

christian

Hi Christian,

Did you read the info from @John Funk in his post above? Here is a screenshot of what to look for.  Please let us know who has permissions.

permissions.jpg

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events