We couldn´t update the issue

Christian Bauer September 20, 2022

Hi there

it seems to be an quite identical issue to this:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/We-failed-to-reorder-the-issue/qaq-p/1427884 - but this solution doesn´t work for me.

I´ve created a new Software Project. When I try to drag an issue I get after some seconds this screenshot

update_issue.png

I am admin. BTW Not only for the project. I´m admin for the whole site.

admin.png

I tought and expected this was fixed two years ago?

3 answers

0 votes
Virginia Morrone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 4, 2023

Hi there, 

I have exactly the same issue and I don't know how to solve it. 

@Christian Bauer were you able to solve it? 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi Christian,

Since it is referencing a "reorder" make sure the user has Schedule Issue permissions in the Permission Scheme for the project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Did you check this permission? 

0 votes
Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hello @Christian Bauer 

Does this happen on just one project? Also, does it happen on all issues, or just one/some?

Thanks,

Michael

Christian Bauer September 20, 2022

Hi Michael

this happens to at least to our PO. Our PO is no Site-Admin, just for the project.

I´ve noticed this on al least two projects.

Best regards

christian

Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

Hi Christian, 

Thanks. I wanted to make sure this is a permission issue with a user, not an issue with the issues themselves.  So, to confirm, your PO is unable to move some issues, but can other people move those same issues? If this is not the case, the issue might be with the issues (no pun intended). 

Thanks,

Michael

Christian Bauer September 23, 2022

Sorry, was busy the last day.

The issue still persists. I also asked more colleagues - all are obviously affected.

Is there a way to start a debugging-session or create a log-file?

What would help to isolate the issue?

Best regards

christian

Michael Simmons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2022

Hi Christian,

Did you read the info from @John Funk in his post above? Here is a screenshot of what to look for.  Please let us know who has permissions.

permissions.jpg

Like John Funk likes this
Christian Bauer October 11, 2022

@John Funk sorry for the delay, I was some days on the road

The permissions in our project are identical to your settings

Clipboard01.png

I´ve als checked with the 'Permission Helper'

This result (for me an one more colleague)

Clipboard02.pngClipboard01.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

It sounds like Maria needs to be added to the Member project role. Give that a try and see if it helps. 

Christian Bauer October 12, 2022

Sorry, no Menber project role available.

Clipboard03.png

Is this a predefined Role?

I have to say I haven´t setup the system, but now I´m the responsible for it.

Should i create the Role? With wich permissions?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

What type of project are you using? Jira Service Management?

Jira Software? Team-managed? Company-managed?

Jira Work Management? 

Christian Bauer October 13, 2022

Hi

We are in a team-managed project

We dont use Jira Work Management.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

Team-managed projects should just be using the Access feature under Project Settings. 

They do not use the Permission Scheme. So you need to see what role the user has under Access. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events