We couldn’t log you in

Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 4, 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to login with my username & password but i get the below error

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 6.42.28 AM.png

Any idea why?

13 answers

13 votes
raV March 10, 2021

Hi,

I found solution for me.

The issue was cookies & siteside data.

Once I cleared chrome://settings/siteData for all "atlassian" sites and only for them, everything started to work. No restart of browser was needed except just login.

Dani
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 21, 2021

thanks. worked for me!

Like raV likes this
Deleted user April 21, 2021

Also it worked here! Apparently it must be for ALL "atlassian" sites... Thanks a lot!

Like raV likes this
Lisa House
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 22, 2021

We had this issue as well today and the instructions above resolved the issue.

Like raV likes this
Anthony Franca
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2021

Confirmed. I had this issue today as well and this fix worked for me. Thanks!

Like raV likes this
Gordon Thompson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 19, 2021

Thanks that worked like a charm.

3 votes
Pieter Portauw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 12, 2021

Same here in incognito mode it works but otherwise not.

Disabled all plugins, cleared all cookies still not working. (when trying to switch accounts)

Bitbucket is still working

0 votes
Jim April 21, 2021

The first day, when I disabled all addons and cleared the entire (since forever) cache in Chrome it made no difference.

I repeated the procedure with the cache only today and came up with another version of the error message (image below). Clicking on Try logging in again it resolved itself.

I logged a support case for this yesterday, but have not yet received any help. Have no idea what this is about or why it happens?

Be fore this occured I had run with the same browser profile and settings for a long time. It just suddenly stopped letting me in.

atalssianloginfail.PNG

Curious....

Tim Mahoney
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 1, 2021

I get the same thing. The URL shows a redirect issue for me - blah.atlassian.net/login?redirectCount=3&application=jira . I use O365 to authenticate and it happens regardless of the atlassian site I login to.

"We couldn’t log you in

You may run into this issue when you use specific browsers or add-ons that hide the referer header for id.atlassian.com and other Atlassian sites. Check for these and then try logging in again."

0 votes
Jim April 20, 2021

Same issue. And I am the administrator of our servicedesk.
I can access everything except Projects in Servicedesk and Confluence directly.

When I login to my https://id.atlassian.com/login and follow the link to Jira Servicedesk I get to an empty dashboard. No projects at all.

I can access the admin pages. I'm still a member of the groups that give me access to these services individually and as an admin I have all access as well.

Links directly to our servicedesk project ends up in the error "We couldn’t log you in..."

I have cleared the Chrome browser Cache, signed out entirely, Removed addons.
Other broesers and also other Chrome profiles work. My colleagues donät have this issue.
I reset my password.
Still no change.
I haven't been able to work for three hours now.
Is there a solution and an axplanation somewhere?

Thanks!

0 votes
Ellen Cross March 15, 2021

Having the same issue here. Will try Rafal's solution -thanks for posting it.

0 votes
Jonathan Mayer March 9, 2021

We're throwing our name in there too.. We're getting the same error now as well.. Nothing on system side has changed.

We're using Atlassian Cloud products.

raV March 10, 2021

Hi,

I found solution for me.

The issue was cookies & siteside data.

Once I cleared chrome://settings/siteData for all "atlassian" sites and only for them, everything started to work. No restart of browser was needed. 

Azhar Khan April 20, 2021

Thanks. This is the only solution that worked for me

Lamar Chastain April 29, 2021

This solution did not work for me.

0 votes
raV March 7, 2021

The same for me.

From a months all worked fine for me with my Chrome web browser setup and suddenly today I've got the same, after couple hours of work on Jira with no issue.

On Chrome incognito mode and on another browser (Edge) works fine, but on my default Chrome setup doesn't. I still face this issue.

0 votes
Steve Hou
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 5, 2021

I have same error: error"invalid product"

0 votes
Konstantin Manna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2021

Same issue here: Any news?

0 votes
Mads Meinicke Hagelund
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 29, 2021

Have an answer been found? @Admin 

0 votes
Pedro Savi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 21, 2020

Hi, same problem!

This is in network:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 06.27.06.png

elkrivertom January 1, 2021

I'm getting this same error and the same event.

How do I fix this? Jira loads fine, but Confluence does not.

elkrivertom March 9, 2021

Sorry I forgot to follow up on this. I received information on another thread. The issue for me was cookies and cache. Once I cleared my browser cookies and cache and restarted my browser everything worked for me. It has worked ever since. 

0 votes
Antoni Baro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 17, 2020

Hi, same problem here. Finally, what was the solution? Thanks

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Admin 

Welcome to Community! let's exclude some factors here.

1. Have you attempted using an Incognito or Private browser mode to see if you can login?
  2. Do you have any browser plugin that might be causing this?
  3. Are you using an updated Browser version?

Try the above and see which one logs you in, that should be the cause.

Admin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 5, 2020

Hello Prince,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes. Same result.

2. Nothing new that I didn’t have before when it was working.

3. Yes. All my browsers are up to date.

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2020

Hi @Admin 

Thanks for the answers, also just to confirm we've checked everything, do you have access to Jira on xtools.atlassian.net? if yes, let's dive further into this issue. Please can you open up your Browser's Developer console (if using Chrome settings > more tools > developer tool ) under "Network", leave this open then run another login attempt. Once it loads this same error right click on the "Network" tab and click and select "Save all as HAR content". This will save your browser's network activity in a JSON format. Then use this website to visualise the content. When visualising, you should watch out for 400, 401, 403, or 503 errors, then let us know what the errors say?

Jokka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 23, 2021

Hi, same problem here with Opera, what can I do?

salvador miron ramos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2021

Hi, same problem with Microsoft edge, i only acces with private browser, but this not is a correct solution

salvador miron ramos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 27, 2021

Sometimes i access to Bitbucket but trello i have a week without access

Suggest an answer