We can't create this issue for you right now

Naveen September 25, 2019

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

Tried all the following steps and solutions but cant resolve it.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/We-can-t-create-this-issue-for-you-right-now-it-could-be-due-to/qaq-p/83478

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Naveen October 1, 2019

Hey Thank you all.

I found the answer. there were some bugs in my workflow and bugs in table-grid custom field.

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException (due to corrupt workflow)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException (due to bug in the custom field)

Alex Pogan December 21, 2019

Hello

have the same problem

what was the bug in custom field in your case?

in my case any issue can't be created

error message on the log

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.providers.DataUtils.getOptions(DataUtils.java:694)

Naveen March 4, 2020

Sorry for the late reply.

Check with the JQL in the table configuration.

Like Koceila CHERGUI likes this
1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Hi Naveen - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you also looked at the Permission scheme to make sure you have all of the permissions? Is it just you that is having the problem? Or can no one create an issue?

Naveen September 26, 2019

I have all the permissions. And error pops up for everyone.

Like Srikanth Ganipisetty likes this
1 vote
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

Are you adding any attachments when creating the issue? If you checked the post functions and conditions for the create transition than maybe if you are uploading an attachment, it may be corrupt.

Naveen September 25, 2019

Not adding any attachment. Checked all the conditions, validators, post-functions. nothing worked.

error occurs when i try to create an issue with other projects in the same instance.

0 votes
Parthiban
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2023

We are facing a same issue in all project in the instance .but when we checked on DB issue were created but error showing on UI. Not sure what is cause this Error.

Any suggestion?

0 votes
Srikanth Ganipisetty February 16, 2022

Hey @Naveen @John Funk 

Can you please share the resolution? I'm seeing the same issue. 

Thanks!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2022

You will probably need to contact Atlassian Support. This was not a problem that needed a resolution for me. 

Srikanth Ganipisetty March 5, 2022

I guess it's because of the post functions blocking the custom field to read the value from another field into "Summary". I fixed it by testing out the post function- listeners, where our code is calling a different custom field rather than the one we need in summary. 

Thanks,

Srikanth Ganipisetty

0 votes
Naveen September 27, 2019

This is the error shown in my logs

Caused by: com.atlassian.jira.workflow.WorkflowException
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.createIssue(OSWorkflowManager.java:768)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:584)
... 290 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.providers.DataUtils.getOptions(DataUtils.java:694)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.providers.hibernate.DataSourceProvider.getDynItems(DataSourceProvider.java:328)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.providers.AbstractDataProviderImpl.getDynItems(AbstractDataProviderImpl.java:163)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.type.ListColumnType.populateQueryProperties(ListColumnType.java:140)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.type.ListColumnType.applyType(ListColumnType.java:94)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.column.ColumnBuilder.buildColumn(ColumnBuilder.java:322)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.column.ColumnBuilder.build(ColumnBuilder.java:216)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.column.ColumnBuilder.build(ColumnBuilder.java:185)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.GridBuilderImpl.build(GridBuilderImpl.java:243)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.grid.GridBuilderImpl.build(GridBuilderImpl.java:227)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.customfield.TableGridFieldManager.getGrid(TableGridFieldManager.java:395)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.customfield.TableGridFieldManager.saveChanges(TableGridFieldManager.java:190)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.customfield.AbstractTableGridCFType.createValueInternal(AbstractTableGridCFType.java:459)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.customfield.TableGridCFType.createValue(TableGridCFType.java:79)
at com.idalko.jira.plugins.igrid.customfield.TableGridCFType.createValue(TableGridCFType.java:43)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.ImmutableCustomField.createValue(ImmutableCustomField.java:693)
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.function.issue.IssueCreateFunction.execute(IssueCreateFunction.java:81)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.executeFunction(AbstractWorkflow.java:1014)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.transitionWorkflow(AbstractWorkflow.java:1407)
at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.initialize(AbstractWorkflow.java:606)
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.OSWorkflowManager.createIssue(OSWorkflowManager.java:742)
... 291 more

Suggest an answer