We are getting an error in our Next-Gen project when trying to enable estimation.

Andrew September 4, 2019

We are getting an error in our Next-Gen project when trying to enable estimation. It eventually looks like the feature is toggled to on, but it does not add the story point estimation field to issues as expected.

The features put request is failing with an error 500:

1. errorMessages: ["Story point estimate field has not been created."], errors: 
    1. errorMessages: ["Story point estimate field has not been created."]
      1. 0: "Story point estimate field has not been created."
    2. errors: 

2 answers

0 votes
Andrew September 6, 2019

Hello,

Enabling the field didn't work on other next-gen projects. I also tried creating a new next-gen project using the Agile/Sprint, and issues on that project do not show the field either, even though the feature was toggled on as a default.

Thanks,

Andrew

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2019

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the informtion and for making the tests.
To better investigate this issue and find out what is causing this, I created a ticket with our support, so they will be able to check your instance and replicate the issue.
You will receive a notification and soon someone will contact you.
I'll be watching the ticket, but feel free to share the resolution here once the ticket is closed.

Regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2019

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!
When we enable the Estimation feature, Jira should automatically create the fields and add to each issue type.
To confirm if the field were added or exists on the project, please go to Project settings > Issue types and check if there is the "Story point estimate" on the Context fields area or on the fields' area (right sidebar).

Is it happening on another next-gen project?
If there is no other next-gen project, can you please create a new one in order to test?

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer