Way to show a plan-chart with tasks without browse-permission

Chasovskikh Kirill August 9, 2022

Hi!

I need to show users chart (like Plan-chart) for my project with fields: 
- summary
- start (customfield)
- end (customfield)

Users should be able to see only fields above.
Other fields in the tasks are private and should not to be available.

Example of view:
Telegram.png

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

You can't do this, a person can either see an issue or they can not.

However, some reports and gadgets can use data a user cannot see directly to give them the same aggregated view that someone who can see everything can.

Jira used to have no way to leak data, as I said, if you can't see an issue, you can't report on it, so you could end up with reports where one person saw the whole picture, but someone else sees only a subset.

Imagine you did something like have one project that only Bob could see.  When Alice uses a gadget that says "there are X open bugs across Jira", she gets 32, but when Bob runs it, he'd see 42, as there are 10 Alice can't see.

But there is now a permission called "see aggregated data" in the permissions.  If you grant Alice that permission, then her gadget would report 42, same as Bob's.  

This is something you may need to think very carefully about - Alice now knows there are 10 bugs she can't see - that could be a leak of information too far in some places.

Note that this does not let people see the issues, so, no, you're not going to see summary or your dates, but it does mean that the issues can be counted accurately in some reports.

Hi, Nic!

Thank you for your answer!

You can't do this, a person can either see an issue or they can not.
However, some reports and gadgets can use data a user cannot see directly to give them the same aggregated view that someone who can see everything can.

Plugins would be great for solving the problem!

This is something you may need to think very carefully about - Alice now knows there are 10 bugs she can't see - that could be a leak of information too far in some places. Note that this does not let people see the issues, so, no, you're not going to see summary or your dates, but it does mean that the issues can be counted accurately in some reports.

In my case, i just need to give the user the opportunity to see the presence of tasks (on the plan), but not let them see their contents, that's ok

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2022

Hi @Chasovskikh Kirill , have you already tried to create a static image of your plan to share with users who don't have the browse projects permission?

Hi! thank you for your answer!

As a one-time option - convenient.
But any changes to the chart should be provided to users quickly

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events