Want to use Capacity Planning and cannot create a private team

Michelle Chu April 26, 2021

Hello! I am going around in circles and would really appreciate some help :) 

I would like to enable Capacity planning. It's my understanding that:

1. I need to have "Team" added as custom field (DONE)
  2. I need to set up a shared private team

I am going round and round trying to set up a shared private team. Here's the documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/teams-998650939.html

However, I don't get these options. Below is what I see. I have no ways to create a shared private team.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.53.04 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

You can create your private team in your advanced road map plan.  The teams you are creating are used for mentions more than anything is what i have found but there is most likely a larger use of those teams.

To create a private team, go into your Advanced Roadmap plan, click on teams and select the Create a private team

advanced-roadmaps-private-teams.png

Thanks Julian! How do I access this view? I am not seeing it.

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

To double check, do you have advanced roadmaps in your instance?

I do—I was able to enable it somehow! Unfortunately, the documentation has not helped me find it at all.

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2021

If you have it available, it should be visible from your top navigation under the Plan menu option

advanced-roadmaps-plans.png

Ahhh I see, thank you!

Suggest an answer