Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Want to create custom fields in release .

I have crated one project in jira software , and in release tab can we create custom field.

Or for this any plugin require.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ashutosh,

There's a pretty good tutorial on creating custom fields in JIRA here.

Hope this helps!

- Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you ! I have tried this.I am asking that - can it is possible to create custom fields in "releases" tag, (Jira software).For example : The "version" field.

Thank you

Ashutosh kumar

Hi Ahsutosh, 

Do you mean have a custom field appear within the releases tab interface in your project?

If that's the case, i don't believe so unfortunately - if you create a custom field though you could have it appear in filters, any backlogs (added via board settings) and in any screens.

- Alex

There is status field at the release screen. After the status field, i want to add one more field.

Hi Ashutosh,

This isn't currently possible unfortunately, there is a feature suggestion though which you can vote on and watch for updates (for the server version). 

As a partial workaround, you could on the top-right of the list, click on "View in Issue Navigator". Viewing tickets within the "List View" allows you to add custom columns.

Be aware though that column settings are user based. 

- Alex

@Ashutosh kumar Unfortunately, there is no way to do this as of now. The closest thing would be to create the notes in Confluence, which will automatically create a macro of your release notes, and then you can edit the fields displayed in the table.

If you want to create the macro yourself, here is the JQL query to insert into the standard Jira marco:

fixVersion = #

Replace # with the fix version number in the URL.

There is an issue gathering interest that you can vote for: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-41489

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events