View sub tasks on jira next gen board, while filtered by assign

Giorgi Nadareishvili November 18, 2020

Hello

I  have such issue, usually we use filter by assign while going through tasks on jira next gen  board, it helps us to see allocation of tasks, through team members, but in such cases sub-tasks are not displayed on board, if i switch to sub-task view, then order of tasks changes and it's very difficult to view what task is assigned to whom and see statuses of tasks of certain team member, unless apply another filter by board member

Is there any option to filter board by assign and view sub tasks as well ? all sub tasks are assigned to team members and it seems logical to me to see them on board,  when board is arranged by assignment 

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Hi @Giorgi Nadareishvili,

After some playing around, I don't think so. Next gen projects are designed to be as simple as possible and - well - that's how they behave.

The closest I could get to what I think you try to do, is work the other way around. So: switch the board into sub-task view and then filter those subtasks by assignee by clicking their avatar at the top of the board.

It won't show the subtasks that are unassigned anymore, but at least drills into those assigned to someone:

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 14.55.53.png 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

Hi @Giorgi Nadareishvili -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In addition to what @Walter Buggenhout noted, there is a suggestion to add Quick Filters to NextGen, which would allow you to configure filtering.  You may review and vote for the suggestion here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17446

Best regards,

Bill

Giorgi Nadareishvili November 20, 2020

@Bill Sheboy @Walter Buggenhout

Thank u for answers, at this moment i don't see other way rather than switch to sub tasks and filter by member (avatar) so will use this approach 

i will check the issue 17446 

best regards

Gio

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS