View settings in the Roadmap screen

Frédéric Fleury July 12, 2021

Hello,

I'm not able to find "view settings" in the roadmap screen in order to set the colors for Epics.

Is there a place here I can set that or?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

fred

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Hi Frédéric - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I am not aware of the ability to set the Epic color through the roadmap. But you can set the Epic color directly in the Epic. 

When on the Epic, simply click on the colored box to the left of the Summary field and then select the color you want. 

Thanks John for your reply!

But it seems that this settings exist as it is described in this page:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-the-roadmap/

-> see number 3 "view settings" that I don't have on my screen...

And my color is already set for my Epics but are not apply on the Roadmap.

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Gotcha - two separate things - not having the View Settings doesn't have anything to do with setting the Epic colors. 

But you probably don't see the View Settings because you are not a project administrator for that project. 

actually, I am... ;-)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

Is this a Company-managed project or a Team-managed project? 

Frédéric Fleury July 13, 2021

Hi John! Thanks for your replies btw ;-)
It's a Company managed project yes

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Can you share a screenshot of what you see on the roadmap? 

Of course. Here it is:
Screenshot.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

Okay, this is actually a Business project - not a Company-managed project. And this is the Timeline feature - Jira Work Management's version on a Roadmap. 

Not that we have established that - there will not be a View Settings function. What is it that you are wanting to do? 

Hum ok! Sorry for this misunderstanding then!

I just want to have a roadmap, group by epics, where I can see Each story or task in each Epics, displayed also in the timeline (not only Epics).
An if I could change the epic's color, it would be great!

Possible or not? Or maybe I have to change something? Project type? something else?

Thanks!!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2021

You can change the Epic color in the Epic itself as mentioned above. 

The Timeline should show you want you want - including Epics and Stories. 

What is not working for you? 

Suggest an answer