Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Verify an external domain

Phil Drew I'm New Here Nov 25, 2021

Hi, I'm totally new to Atlassian admin but I use jira and like it, so I am trying to introduce a client, in the hope they will eventually set up their own account.

For now, I have created an account for myself, and I have verified my own domain. I have also added my client's email address which has a different domain.  I want to enforce MFA, and I have done do for myself.  However I cannot figure out how to verify my client's domain.  They are happy for me to do so and I have their DNS credentials, but the steps I went through to verify my own domain do not seem to be available for their domain in Atlassian.

If I go to admin.atlassian.com I get the screen attached.  The 7.... domain is mine, and is verified.  I don't recognise the team-15....6 organisation, and if I click in it, no domain is actually mentioned even though it wants to let me verify a domain. was it auto generated? What's it for?

My client's domain is not mentioned anywhere here.  If I go to my domain and go to users, I can see my client is added in there, with his own email with his own domain.

Basically, how can I verify my client's domain so that I can enforce MFA on his account?

ThanksCapture.JPG

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Why flagging Jira issues is so cool?

Adding a flag to an issue is a cool way to say it is blocked. Also, you can add a comment as part of the same action from a board. But what if you want to do the same from the issue detail view? Th...

87 views 2 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you