Verify an external domain

Phil Drew November 25, 2021

Hi, I'm totally new to Atlassian admin but I use jira and like it, so I am trying to introduce a client, in the hope they will eventually set up their own account.

For now, I have created an account for myself, and I have verified my own domain. I have also added my client's email address which has a different domain.  I want to enforce MFA, and I have done do for myself.  However I cannot figure out how to verify my client's domain.  They are happy for me to do so and I have their DNS credentials, but the steps I went through to verify my own domain do not seem to be available for their domain in Atlassian.

If I go to admin.atlassian.com I get the screen attached.  The 7.... domain is mine, and is verified.  I don't recognise the team-15....6 organisation, and if I click in it, no domain is actually mentioned even though it wants to let me verify a domain. was it auto generated? What's it for?

My client's domain is not mentioned anywhere here.  If I go to my domain and go to users, I can see my client is added in there, with his own email with his own domain.

Basically, how can I verify my client's domain so that I can enforce MFA on his account?

ThanksCapture.JPG

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events