Verified Domain - existing users impact

Glenn Castro February 17, 2021

Hi All,

Our current Jira Cloud is not yet domain verified.  This seems to be a prerequisite for implementing password complexity, one what we need to implement.

I just have a few questions:

1) Any impact to existing users already registered and using Jira

2) i see our main users (using our domain), and 2 vendors/partner domains, if we verify our domain, can the users outside our domain still be able to use, and new joiners outside our domain register (with our invite)?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi Glenn - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For existing users, there is not much of an impact other than those users will not be able to control changes to their email address themselves. 

I am not sure about the vendor emails as we issue email addresses with our domain to all contractors working for us. However, we do have non-domain emails from invites with JSM. So if you have JSM that should work.

The other thing is that there are only 2 users right now, so I would test it out. If they can't get back in , then just unverify the domain. It will not delete the users or the history. 

Glenn Castro February 23, 2021

Thanks sir. Much appreciated

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders