Velocity Report is Empty

Denali Lumma May 23, 2023

Hi There,

We want to use Issue Count across all reports and insights (not Story Points). Currently the Velocity Chart shows and empty view. How can I update our account to use Issue Count to show data in the Velocity Chart?

Thank you!

-Denali

2 answers

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Denali Lumma,

As an alternative to the limited Jira reports, you could try our Great Gadgets app, which offers a Team Velocity gadget that supports issue count, is highly configurable and offers more functionalities. 

image.png

This app offers many other gadgets that you might find useful. For example, you can aslo display sprint burnup/brundown or release burnup/burndown by issue count. 

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at support@stonikbyte.com.

Thank you,

Danut M.

Denali Lumma May 24, 2023

Thank you, will check it out!

0 votes
Sal May 23, 2023

Hello @Denali Lumma

Go to board settings -> Estimation -> select issue count in estimation statics then check velocity chart.

Thanks!

Denali Lumma May 23, 2023

Thank you! However, I can not access this. When I go to "Configure Board" I don't see anything called "Estimation". Here is what I see:

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 8.42.13 AM.png

Sal May 23, 2023

Open active sprint or backlog then click on elipsis there you will find board settings as shown in attachment.IMG_6359.jpeg

Thank you, yes I see this path on older Jira tenancies, but not on this new one I am working with.

Original tenant (setting is available):

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 2.12.19 PM.png

New tenant (setting is no where to be found):

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 2.13.15 PM.png

I wonder if I'm in some sort of A/B test. I want the old view back, if so. 

As far as I can tell, with the new UI, there is no way to specify issue count be used instead of story points.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events