Validate Multi Select User Custom Field value against User CF value

TIS Admin November 9, 2020

Hello,

I am stuck with something which seems to be very easy but somehow I cannot figure it out. 

We want to have a Workflow validator during a transition that will check the following:
Single Select Custom Field (User Pickup) called Code Reviewer value does not exist in 
Developer(s) - Multi Select Custom Field (User Pickup). 
Example, if we have: 
Code Reviewer = John Smith
Developer(s)  = John Smith (may include more users eg. Peter Goosters, Dave Jones) 
The transition should throw an error. 

I am using Script Validator [ScriptRunner]  - Simple scripted validator and I tried the following without success:

cfValues['Developer/s'] != cfValues['Code Reviewer']
!(cfValues['Developer/s']*.value.contains(cfValues['Code Reviewer']?.value)) 
(cfValues['Developer/s'] as int) >= (cfvalues['Code Reviewer'] as int)  
 cfValues['Developer/s']*.value != cfValues['Code Reviewer']?.value

Any help Is highly appreciated. I guess I will need to write more complex code to extract the multiselect values and compare them with my single select fields but I don't know how. And also I don't know if because these are user field it's even more complicated :) 

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

Hi @TIS Admin,

I haven't run this snippet, but you may wish to try like below

cfValues['Code Reviewer']*.value in cfValues['Developer/s']*.value

BR,

Leo

TIS Admin November 11, 2020

Hi Leo, how this can be translated to validate that transition will proceed if there is no match? 
Something like? 

!(cfValues['Code Reviewer']*.value in cfValues['Developer/s']*.value)

Or do I have to use if and throw exceptions? 

Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

@TIS Admin ,

If you place this in condition then the transition button visible only if the condition passes

if you want to validate the values which is entered during transition using transition screen then you'll have to go with either validator or behaviour(I prefer behaviour in this scenario)

BR,

Leo

TIS Admin November 11, 2020

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I want to allow the transition only if the value of Code Reviewer is not found in the Developer/s multi-select field. 

Leo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2020

cool, this is pretty easy, place below snippet in conditions instead of validator

cfValues['Code Reviewer']*.value not in cfValues['Developer/s']*.value

if the condition fails, you'll see that particular transition hidden until the condition becomes true

BR,

Leo 

TIS Admin February 3, 2021

Unfortunately the transition is not allowed with this code :( 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events