Using two dimensional filter statistics with cascading select in Jira Cloud

Rishikesh Karnik December 22, 2021

I'm trying to use two dimensional filter statistics gadget with Multi-Level Cascading select field which has values A(a), A(b), A(c), B, and C. The chart populates as A(a), A(b), A(c), A(none), B and C on the axis of choice. Now I'm trying to get it to populate as A, B & C for another report for the same data with the same gadget, basically combining 4 results of A into one. Is there another way to do this, or am I missing something here? Would I need another gadget?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Rishikesh Karnik ,

If you want to analyze cascading select fields, you may want to explore app eazyBI for Jira.

In eazyBI you can select cascading field in import options as dimension and then use the dimension in the report to get a similar look to the Jira two-dimension gadget. In eazyBI you can expand the first value to expand and see the result split by the second value:cascading_field_in_eazyBI.jpg

See more on how to import data in eazyBI here: https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-custom-fields

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Rishikesh Karnik January 13, 2022

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help Gerda.

Like Gerda Grantiņa likes this
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2021

Hi @Rishikesh Karnik -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I doubt that is possible as the built-in dashboard gadgets are quite limited in options.  Some possible work-arounds would be:

• check the marketplace for more customizable gadgets/reporting
  • create another custom field (for example, populated by an automation rule) which summarizes the field in the way you want to report
  • report the data outside of Jira, allowing more ability to manipulate it (for example, with the Google Sheets or Excel addins to pull out the data)

Kind regards,
Bill

Rishikesh Karnik January 13, 2022

Thanks for the response Bill. Unfortunately this one didn't work out for us, and in the end we just had to go with EazyBI as suggested above by Gerda.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer