Using filters on an advance plan breaks it

Milena Dziebaj June 1, 2021

Hello community, 

I have encountered an issu with the advanced plan where in a big plan, pulling issus from multiple jira projects using the filter suddently breaks the plan for that user and sends him to error screen.

The only solution I have found is to refresh and try to very quickly click the filter and "remove all filters" then the plan works again, but it is very difficult to be quicker then the error screen.

Did anyone had had that behavior before and how to avoid it happening? Smaller plans (less issues pulled in) work good with filters and don't break.

Please help :-)

Milena

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Hello Milena and welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing the problem you're facing using filters and plans. To help us further investigate the issue would you please provide the following:

• Is this issue about Jira advanced roadmaps?
  • Could you include a screenshot of the error and possibly the filter that's being used?

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Milena Dziebaj June 14, 2021

1) yes, this is about advanced Jira roadmaps

2) I managed to discover that it is related to the number of issues included in the plan. For small plans 250 issues filters work well, 650 issues were still ok, with plan having 900+ the filters break the plan. So the limit seems to be somewhere between 650-900 items. 

It still does not make it optimal as we would like to use the advanced plan for a whole project, with as few limitations as possible.

Suggest an answer