Using custom attribute for roadmap

Abhinav Srivastava May 30, 2022

Hi all,

I have removed Epic issue type from my project and I want to use some other custom attribute or Story in my Roadmap board, how can I achieve that?

Currently when I load roadmap it give below error:

"Your project doesn't have epics configured

Your roadmap isn't available because PROJECTX (PRX) doesn't have an epic issue type that the roadmap recognizes."

1 answer

0 votes
Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2022

Lookup "Hierarchy Configuration" in your Advanced Roadmaps administration section. You need to assign whatever issue types you're using to the hierarchy. If you're not using epics, you need to assign another issue type at the epic level. You need Jira administrator permissions to do this, as it's in the manage apps section of system administration, and take note that changes to the global hierarchy are global and will be available to all projects.

Abhinav Srivastava May 30, 2022

Hi @Patty Land  Even after adding Story under Advanced Roadmaps hierarchy configuration, I am getting the same error.

Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

@Abhinav Srivastava what issue type is the parent of the story for your project? If you have no epic, you'd be adding an issue type at the epic level, which is the parent of your stories.

Abhinav Srivastava May 31, 2022

Hi @Patty Land  I am using another custom issue type say 'X' which is parent of story and even after adding 'X' at epic level, roadmap board shows the same error.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events