Users can access project, but cannot view Board and Backlog

Deleted user March 22, 2023

We use Jira Software (Cloud) for our development processes.

Our developers are Users. Until yesterday, everything worked fine.

Yesterday, I added a Free Jira Service Management project. The Jira Software Users are not added to the Service Management project.

Ever since, our Users can access the original Jira Software project, but cannot view the backlog or the board. 

If we add the User as Admin to Jira Service Management, the User can view the Board and Backlog againView.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi @[deleted] ,

please verify that board filter has been shared with User within your project. Moreover, please verify that Users are still able to see tickets in the project.

Fabio

Thanks for responding @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 
The filter has been shared, and Users can still access tickets if they have the link.

However, if they try to access the Board or Backlog overview, the errors arise.

Thanks again,

Pim

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Do they see board link or not? Please share a screenshot of what users are currently seeing.

Fabio

I've added a screenshot. They see the link, can click it, but get error codes. The error codes vary per refresh.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

There is an active incident on JIRA Software (https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/). This could be the reason of your issue.

Hmm could certainly be. Thanks for notifying me. I subscribed to the incident. However, last status is that they rolled out a fix yesterday.

Deleted user March 28, 2023

After Jira fixed the running incidents on their server, our problem dissapeared 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2023

thanks @[deleted] for sharing that information. I'm happy for that

Anitha April 3, 2023

Hi All I am a project manager and I'm having the same issue users can access the boards and backlog

Please assist how can I solve this.

Deleted user May 24, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 
Sorry for pining you. I encounter the same problem with some differences.
I can access project setting but can do nothing. (as the image below shows. I cannot view the boards, change setting,...)

not sure what happened. really nee helpScreenshot 2023-05-24 at 3.20.22 PM.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023
Yen Ju Lai May 26, 2023

Hi Fabio,

this is Yen. We did reviewed project permissions and sure my account has the permission.

I found in the discussion thread said there might be an issues from Google SSO. I created account via google SSO. So I deleted Jira account which is created by google SSO in order to register a new one by company email address.

But why I need to wait until Jun 9? I need to re-create account immediately! The process doesn't make sense to me.

Clarissa Yohana Natalia June 9, 2023

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Permit to jump in I also have same issue that show notif "Something's gone wrong"
its been a day my team and I cant access our board, please assist me to solve this issue.

Thanks

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Hi Pim,

If it's really a Free subscription, then all users have access to everything as far as the permission scheme is concerned. So I would think it is a Filter issue though you said it is shared. I would have them go to the Filters drop down in the top nav bar and see if they can find and execute the filter from there that is used for the board. 

Thanks for contributing @John Funk !

I tried the filter-approach. Users can still run a filter, and view the result.

However, the Board-view throws the same error, with or without filters. This only allows Users to view the tickets in a list view.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2023

Well, that's ugly. You should go ahead and contact Atlassian Support. Please post back her with the resolution. 

Like Deleted user likes this

Ugly indeed!
Did so, will keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Like John Funk likes this
Deleted user March 28, 2023

It seems related to the fix by Jira on their incident last week. After their fix, our problems were solved.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events