Jira - "We're having troubles connecting to your boards"

Jon Seeley June 27, 2019

Brand new project built as Classic View, I've added a user with Admin rights but he get's the following when attempting to navigate to the project:

trouble_connecting.PNG

I can navigate the project just fine. 

The user reporting this issue has tried in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge and has cleared cookies and cache on both browsers with the same end-result.

Unrelated to this, we've had other users with "admin" rights not be able to access tickets within other projects similar to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Request-Participants-on-a-JSD-Ticket-Cannot-View-the-Ticket/qaq-p/1119132

2 answers

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 28, 2019

Hello Jon,

Just to confirm we are on the same page, I would like to mention that project permission are not related to the global Admistration role of JIRA.

In fact, a JIRA Administrator can still be restricted from access a project through the project permission scheme.

That been said, I would like to know what do you mean when you say that you have added the user with Admin rights. Was it in JIRA User management page or in the project itself?

Please, follow the steps below to check if the user is properly configured with the project permission:

- Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Permissions

- Check the roles/groups/users added to the Browse projects permission. This permission should allow the user to access the project.

- To check what roles the user is added to, check the people tab of the project

- To check which groups the user is added to, check the user management page

Also, check if the user is properly added to a group which gives access to the Software application at User Management > Product Access

Let me know if this information helps.

Chris Allan January 11, 2021

Hi Peter,

I am a Site Admin for JIRA and also the owner of a JIRA Project which I created. I created a Dashboard which I could see late last year, however now I am receiving the same error message as the OP. I have confirmed that I have also granted myself Project permissions as Admin and Project Lead as well as Dashboard Admin roles yet I still am unable to access the Dashboards.

This one is strange because my entire team can in fact access the Dashboards so seems to be just an issue with myself. 

Given I have provided myself the same access as my team members who can view the boards.. I am at a bit of a loss.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Vilius Šumskas March 25, 2022

I know that this is an old thread, but I will leave this here for others who has the same issue.

There could be situations where you will be able to see the Issue list in Software project, but not Kanban boards. For example you are a site or JIRA project administrator, but you only have Service Management license. This was our case exactly.

Since Kanban boards are part of the Jira Software products you won't be able to see them without a license.  So don't forget to check if you have Jira Software license assigned.

Like # people like this
Michael Prentice May 20, 2022

Thank you! We just hit this same exact thing. Fixed by adding this admin as a user in Jira Software.

0 votes
mina_sh May 9, 2020

Ask the admin user to go to "Permission page" of that project and in  "Project permissions" table edit the "Browse projects " and in "Grant Permission" modal add a role or group that you have its access.

Suggest an answer