User stories disappeared from the backlog

Casey_Jeschke June 12, 2019

We have a backlog of over 100 user stories which are linked to epics accordingly. However, for some reason now only 80 of these user stories appear in the backlog view. All user stories were displaying a couple of days ago. Now not all are showing. The filter on the backlog has not changed ( project = PROP ORDER BY Rank ASC ). This filter works correctly if running independently, but not for the backlog view. I dumped the data and analysed the ones which are missing and there doesn't appear to be a data issue. 

Has anyone seen this issue that could possibly help trouble shoot? I cannot prioritize my backlog if I cannot see all of the user stories.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Casey_Jeschke June 13, 2019

We received a response from the Support team:

"

After an investigation, we identified that you are running into the following bug Stories are disappearing from the backlog (in classic) when moved from a next-gen project.

This bug affects issues that were moved from next-gen to classic projects. The impact of this bug is that the issues fail to show up in the backlog or display them under a wrong parent issue.

There is one workaround that we can apply but will require intervention at the database. We can clear the reference from the old Next-Gen project for the issues from your current project.

"

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2019

Hi @Casey_Jeschke 

Welcome to the community!

My understanding is that for Scrum boards, Jira will only show project issues on the backlog view when the status values are mapped to the board.  So...

Do any of the 20 issues not showing up have a status which shows as unmapped on your board's column management?  If so, map them to a column or change their status to something like Todo.

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2019

Hi @Casey_Jeschke 

is it the same 20 ‘missing’?

have they been added to a sprint?

Casey_Jeschke June 12, 2019

It is the same 20 user stories, but there appears to be no logic around why. They have not been added to a sprint at this point.

Suggest an answer