User not able to activate a newly created login account in Cloud Confluence/Jira

Michael Chuong February 18, 2021

Hello, 

I have created login account for new user.  After the user clicking on the "Join them now" button to activate his login, he could not see the password prompt but the below message:

"Request Id: 147ebc88-6884-4eb1-8e45-109bd0901900

Correlation Id: b5c4f557-82cb-4edd-a0f6-69434001da8d

Timestamp: 2021-02-18T03:50:01Z

Message: AADSTS50105: The signed in user 'firstname.lastname@company.com.au' is not assigned to a role for the application '01fae267-1415-4a46-b50d-3954d72ac7a9'(Atlassian Cloud)."

The error UI screen appears to come from Microsoft - Sign In.  Some Microsoft login account not yet linked to the new user Jira/Confluence login account?

Anyone has a thought on this please?

Michael C.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hi Michael,

I recommend checking the settings of the invited user and make sure that while inviting the user are you adding to any default group like, "JIRA USERS".

Give it a try by checking the below links that might help you, and also check the permission of project, so that they can access the project:

Also, I've seen some causes that it was caused because the company was using SAML authentication, so any user account coming from the domain needed to exist in one or more of the groups they were syncing from Azure AD for user provisioning.

Last but not least, if you are using Azure's Cloud you can try to go to the Menu Users and groups and add the user there.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Carlos

Michael Chuong February 18, 2021

Thanks Carlos for the prompt response.  The 2nd part looks like the solution and I am waiting for a response from Windows (Azure AD) Admin team to ensure user login account has been added. 

Will confirm if the solution work.....

Michael C

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events