User gets no notifications after a name change

Claudia Felber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2023

Hello together,

we have user who has changed her name - after this change I can see her with her new name in Jira - email adress is also the right one - but she no longer gets notification mails. 

I tested it with the notification helper - it shoud fit - but it doesn't. What could be the problem?

Thank you ;-)

1 answer

0 votes
Sugandha Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2023

Hello @Claudia Felber 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!!!

Could you kindly verify the user's email address for me?

Additionally, could you clarify whether the problem is limited to name change notifications or if the user isn't receiving any notifications from Jira at all?

Claudia Felber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2023

Hi @Sugandha Singh  the new email of the user is marina.juergens@dachser.com and she isn't receiving any notifications from Jira. Do you also need the old email adress (before the name change)?

Sugandha Singh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2023

Thanks @Claudia Felber could you please check now if the user can receive emails?

I checked the account details and found that the account was present in the bounced list, which I have cleared now.

The error message "550: 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected." indicates that the recipient's email server has rejected the message due to issues related to the recipient's email address or the email server's configuration.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events