User didn't receive email invitation to Jira and Confluence

Mei Lin January 11, 2022

Hi Team,

We are having issue which specific users could not receive emails as new user invitations from Jira and Confluence.  

We resent the invitation and still no luck for him, would the email address in suppression list ? Can someone please help ?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Mei Lin ,

I found a recent entry on the suppression list from your domain - the email starts with an 'n' and ends with an 'e' - and have cleared that entry. This can easily happen for new employees if the invitations are sent before the mailboxes are set up (and the email bounces because the mailbox doesn't exist on the mail server).

There were other entries on the list from your domain in the past - so please let me know if the user I mentioned wasn't the only one you need cleared.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

Mei Lin January 11, 2022

Thanks Daniel, please clear all of them.

Could we have access to the suppression list?

Regards,

Mei Lin

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 11, 2022

Hi @Mei Lin ,

I've gone ahead and cleared the remaining entries for your domain. For some providers we try not to do this, as sending repeated emails to mailboxes that don't exist increases the chance a provider will start marking email as spam. I didn't find indication that your domain's mail provider does this.

Unfortunately we don't have a way for site admins to access the suppression list at the moment. We are tracking this as JRACLOUD-67264 on our public Jira instance. For now, if you suspect an email may be on the suppression list, Atlassian Support will need to check and clear the condition for you. We monitor Community for questions related to this, but you can also open a case directly with Support at support.atlassian.com/contact .

Barış Kemençe April 28, 2022

Hi @Daniel Eads 

I have similar problem for my colleague. My new colleague I have tried to add my team but he never received any invitation mail from Jira. I have tried many times resend him invitation email, remove /add user. But nothing works.

When I added him my Jira team, his email address wasn't activated. Is this the main reason of that problem, I am not sure.

Until now I could't solve this problem. 

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events