User cannot see attachments in issues

Sarah Elmer March 11, 2021

I have only 1 user having the problem. She cannot "see" any attachments on tickets, so cannot download. HELP! This started a few weeks ago. Before then she had no problems.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

I'm not aware of any permissions in Jira Cloud that would prevent a user from being able to see attachments on issue that they otherwise would have access to see.

If truly only one user is affected, it's probably worth experimenting with user-specific aspects of their Jira experience. Some things to try:

• Have the user log out of Jira and then back in; retry access to attachments.
  • Close their browser (all tabs and windows, quit the app). Retry.
  • Reboot their computer (yeah, I know).
  • Clear browser cache and cookies related to the atlassian.com domain.
  • Try another browser.

You brought up an excellent point. I contacted user and she is on IE. I explained that IE is no longer supported by Microsoft and asked her to switch to Chrome. Switching to Chrome has eliminated more problems than I can count. Thank you for the reply. If switching does not work, I will continue with the list your provided.

Sarah Elmer March 23, 2021

Success! User downloaded Chrome and attachments are now available. Thank you for your suggestions.

Like Mykenna Cepek likes this
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Glad to hear the problem is solved.

And thank you for sharing the solution that worked back to the community here!

Like Maria Kavoosi likes this
0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2021

Hello @Sarah Elmer 

What type of project does this concern? Is it the case for this user for all issues in the project that have attachments?

Can you provide images of what you see vs. what that user sees?

It's across all projects. I do not have a picture of her screen (COO who is not computer savvy). I'm going to suggest that she changes from IE to Chrome and hope for the best. Thank you for your reply.

Sarah Elmer March 23, 2021

Success! User downloaded Chrome and attachments are now available.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events