User Deleted

Danny March 19, 2024

Jira Software deleted a user, but it reappeared in the backlog. Did he log back into Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Hello @Danny 

Is this user appearing under user management in Jira?

Danny March 19, 2024

Hello! No, it is appearing at the top of the backlog as shown in the attached image.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2024

Understood, is that user part of the project? Check in your project settings, if they are there, then the user is active.

Danny March 19, 2024

The user was part of the project, but is no longer part of it. I am the sole administrator of the project and I deleted it through Atlassian Administration. Please note that in the attached image the user is not in the list. But I can't say if it appears because there was an old issue assigned to it. Where in the project settings can I check this user?

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

Is the user part of the default jira-software-users group? If yes, then they have the access, if not they do not.

If you had the premium version, you would check his availability with the audit log.

Danny March 19, 2024

In Atlassian Administration there is the group jira-software-users-andrasistemas and the user is not part of it. According to your answer, I assume that he is not having access to the project. Correct? If I'm correct, I still don't understand why it is being displayed on the backlog screen.

Perisic Nikola
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2024

Also try to search for that user either using the basic or JQL search.

Danny March 19, 2024

It's still not clear to me about this problem, but I'll search the internet to see if there is any information that can help me better. I am grateful for your answers and attention.

Like Perisic Nikola likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events