Use a Jira project to track multiple projects? We'd love to hear from you!

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2019

Hey Everyone,

This may sound strange to some but I know quite a few of you create a Jira project and within that project you often track and communicate the overall status multiple projects. 

If that sounds like you, or you'd like to explore on how to better communicate up and across your organisation on the overall progress of work we'd love to talk!  

We're currently looking into how we can improve how teams communicate the overall progress of their project with other teams or stakeholders. As part of this process we're researching how teams communicate their status with other teams and stakeholders.

Your time will help shape possible future product opportunities.  

Interested? Email: smansour at atlassian dot com.

Sherif Mansour

Product Manager, Atlassian 

1 answer

0 votes
Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2019

I normally use just a custom dashboard for each type of stakeholder and in my opinion that allows me to keep them proprerly updated.

Those are my two cents ;)

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

@Iago Docando would you be willing to meet up to share how you solve this problem? Would love to hear more - email if interested. 

Iago Docando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

Sure, but at the momment my approach is individual case based so you'll have to be the one doing the most talking at the very least at first so I can get a good idea of what you need.

In any case, just as a summary, wht I'm doing right now is creating a lot of custom fields as flags that I can turn on/off with some simple automation. Also, I'm using or I have used in the past a fair amount of custom fields that aren't availiable in the vanilla version of Jira, namely SIL custom fields, and also some transition postfunctions. As you may know, out of the box Jira can be sometimes a bit limitated on that regard.

Feel free to contact me at iagodb@gmail.com

Suggest an answer