Upload color code for issues

Ber Mor August 19, 2022

Hello, I am reading through the fundamental training videos. It states that there is an "upload color code" but I do not find it. I would like to color my issues on my board for a better visualization.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Ber Mor , would you mind sharing your source and if a video the time stamp? Please note that if you are using Software Company Managed Projects  you can edit the board settings and use card colors to add a color side bar based on JQL, priority, etc.

Ber Mor August 19, 2022

Hello @Jack Brickey so, I am at the very beginning of my Jira Training. Hereby, I have attached the screenshots. Look at point 2 where it states "Upload color codes." I guess if you can turn on coloring but how?   Upload Color Codes.jpgColors on issues.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

hi @Ber Mor ,

While I may be wrong I don't believe that "Upload color code" is really referring to an actual action. Rather I think it is a summary of the example issue. To know for sure I would need to see the text associated with the number 2 item here.

In the last image I see the purple bar with "Build backgrounds". That is simply the behavior associated with epics. Epics indeed have a background color associated with them which is unique among all the other issue types.

As mentioned earlier with a CMP project you do have the ability to add a Color bar on the side Love your cards. Beyond that you would need an add-on to create more color customization.

Like Ber Mor likes this
Ber Mor August 19, 2022

Hi, again @Jack Brickey it is a little confusing with the text for 2. I attached a small screenshot so you can see the text related to it. Thank you so much for your help. Maybe with continuing my journey with Jira I will learn more and understand more details. Epic is a great hint, I will look into that now. I appreciate it. Summary.jpg

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events