Update and install add-ons problem

Taivas IT July 16, 2018

Helo, team.

Could somebody help please and advice how can I get update add-ons or get one new add-on if I getting message "Problem accessing add-on file at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/apps/23915/version/138751".

For example, can update "Universal Plugin Manager".

Thanks for any advice anf assist.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

Hi there,

You can certainly try updating UPM (Universal Plugin Manager) this could fix any issues you have updating an add-on.

For installation, there are alternate methods. I'm not sure which one is causing you trouble right now but I recommend going over the various methods on the below article and see which one works for you:

In summary, you can install directly from Marketplace, or download the file from Marketplace and upload to your instance. This is provided you're using Jira Server.

Regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2018

Hi Taivas,

I'm not sure about the problem you have, but, if you can't install from the universal manager for whatever reason, you can download the .jar from the marketplace and upload it manually in the administration panel in manage add-ons

Richard Cross June 8, 2022

Ok, but in some cases... you can't do that either.  I'm encountering this with Confluence 7.13.7, for example... where the upload dialogue just hangs indefinitely.

0 votes
Taivas IT July 17, 2018

Thank you so much, Crisitian and Shannon!

All done and working now. Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a nice day! :-)

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2018

You're welcome, glad you got it sorted out!

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer