Unfair treatment for DC services!!!

Monica February 3, 2021

I saw news from Official China Atlassian Accounts that Data Center for teams with over 25 members is only available in China! Why is that ???

Cloud is not a good alternative solution for our team because we are concerned about the data security problems and we also don’t have over 500 members in the team to use DC.

The crucial thing Atlassian should do is that treating customers fairly in the international market!Small firms like us shouldn't be treated differently!!!

2 answers

2 votes
Kerwin Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2021

Hi Monica,

As a result of the unique regulatory environment in Mainland China, specifically the strict onshore data requirements, Mainland China customers cannot buy cloud products from Atlassian (or from many other multinational SaaS providers). In order to meet the needs of these customers, we have decided to offer Data Center tiers under 500 users in Mainland China.

Best Regards,

Kerwin Chung

Erin Collins January 20, 2022

@Kerwin Chung or anyone :-) what about a client in Germany who has a support team in Mainland China? Would they have any problems accessing various functional aspects of JSM Cloud Premium? For example, uploading and downloading attachments? Receiving notifications? Even just accessing the platform? Using Opsgenie as it is integrated with JSM?

Enquiring minds (and prospects) would like to know :-)

Thanks!

Erin

Kerwin Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2022

Hi @Erin Collins ,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

Current national firewall restrictions in China make it unreliable to provide connection to cloud services unless user data is held within China. Atlassian currently does not have the ability to store user data within China with our global cloud service. Therefore we recommend our Data Center solution for users who reside within China.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

Kerwin  Chung

Erin Collins January 28, 2022

Hi @Kerwin Chung your very succinct answer adds to the list of concerns I've been accumulating on this topic for the client. Thanks for taking to the time to respond!

Kind regards,

Erin

0 votes
Leslie Gilbert
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 27, 2022

@Kerwin Chung Is there an official document/press release with this information posted? As a Marketplace Vendor, it would be very helpful to have. I have done some searching and I am not finding anything other than this post. 

~Leslie, Appfire

Kerwin Chung
Atlassian Team
May 29, 2022

Hi @Leslie Gilbert ,

Thanks for reaching out to me. Because this is a special case, we didn't post it in public. However, all China partners have the official email on hand. If they want to procure lower-tier DC apps, they will provide the official letter to you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Kerwin Chung

Like Leslie Gilbert likes this

Suggest an answer