Unable to use the JIRA Cloud for Excel add-in (it was working before, then suddenly stopped working)

Baccarani Pham
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2021

Unable to use the JIRA Cloud for Excel add-in (it was working before, then suddenly stopped working)

My colleague and I are facing this exact same issue where it gets stuck on the loading splash screen..

We have tried updated office today.. installed the add-in again.. tried on browser & desktop version both..

Can anyone please help?

I have asked my question in the following discussion - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/JIRA-Add-in-for-Excel-stopped-working/qaq-p/1411111

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

Jira Cloud for Excel has these cryptic, intermittent errors that make it unstable and unreliable for many customers. 

Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud has recently been released that solves Export reporting needs more reliably. Early Access Program participants found that it offers a better, more professional Excel reporting solution and user experience in a native Jira Cloud app (instead of a Microsoft Excel add-in).

Discover your newest Jira Cloud Excel export option!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2021

@Baccarani Pham 

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache or using a different browser?  Are both computers that you and your work colleague using work machines?  Do they have any anti-virus or other security that could be preventing it from working.

Daniela Cocco May 6, 2021

Hello,

I have the same issue since April 27th. I have cleared my browsers cache but no luck. Nothing has been changed to my device and before it worked without issues. Any other things I can try to get it fixed?

Thank you.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

Can you share a screenshot of the issue.

Daniela Cocco May 7, 2021

Sure:

It stays like this the whole day.

screenshot Jira add in.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

@Daniela Cocco - I tried to recreate the issue but I am not having this problem.

Have you tried a different computer that is not a work machine?  Could it be an anti-virus or security change on your computer since you and a colleague are having the issue.  

Daniela Cocco May 18, 2021

Hello,

Since two days the problem does not occur anymore. Nothing changed to my device so I don't know what caused it.

Thank you anyway.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events