JIRA Add-in for Excel stopped working

Deepak Jhangiani June 19, 2020

Have been using the JIRA Cloud Add-in for Excel for few weeks now.  There was an upgrade earlier this week. Since then, the add-in has stopped working. 

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Hello @Deepak Jhangiani  and @adriafb ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand correctly the Excel app was working fine and then it suddenly stopped working around the end of last week. Can you kindly confirm this is correct?

If this is correct, can the both of you provide more details on this issue?

Specifically, please let us know when you noticed the issue for the first time as well as what stopped working (is the app just not loading or is it returning an error or anything else?).

Cheers,
Dario

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020

UPDATE: I spoke to the Jira Cloud for Excel team and they confirmed they were aware of the issue and that a fix for it has been deployed yesterday.

Can you kindly confirm the issue is solved?

Cheers,
Dario

adriafb June 25, 2020

Yes! The extension started working yesterday morning. Thanks for fixing the issue!

Like Dario B likes this
Deepak Jhangiani June 25, 2020

Yes, it started working for me as well. Thanks for addressing this. 

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2020

You are both very welcome. Do not hesitate in contacting us again in the future in case of any other issue or concern :) 

Cheers,
Dario

Brittany Tankhim August 7, 2020

@Dario B The app was working for me in July, but now I am seeing the same spinning circle when I try to use the app (noticed this happening in Aug). Was the fix reversed?

3 votes
Marcos Sáenz Löbsack February 15, 2022

Yesterday Jira Cloud for Excel add-in stopped working for the Excel Desktop version. As in the case of adriafb it gets stuck by loading. Last week I was still using it fine.

Nevertheless, it did work with Excel online.

In any case, it is annoying, as it forces an unnecessary copy-paste between excel sheets online and desktop. Ridiculous. (We all know excel online misses a lot of excel desktop features, specially if working with links and data tables.)

Jill March 10, 2022

I am having the same issue, while a coworker's Jira Connector works just fine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I discovery the web Excel Jira connector works, but I don't like working via web .

Srikanth Siddamshetty March 14, 2022

I am still having the issue with Jira cloud connector. it goes round and round tried removing the add in and adding again still no luck.

Can someone help with the solution please.

Chandran Mudaliar May 19, 2022

I am having the issue with this add-on from yesterday (May 19, 2022). Any help or fix?

0 votes
Megan Mills February 16, 2023

Robertt Carvalho’s solution worked for me too. Thank you!!

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

Jira Cloud for Excel has these cryptic, intermittent errors that make it unstable and unreliable for many customers. 

Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud has recently been released that - according to EAP participant customers - offers a better, more professional Excel reporting solution and user experience in a native Jira Cloud app (instead of a Microsoft Excel add-in).

Discover your newest Jira Cloud Excel export option!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
adriafb June 22, 2020

Hi, same here! It was working fine until friday morning. Since then, it gets stuck on the loading splash screen. I am using Excel online. Anotación 2020-06-22 113815.png

Baccarani Pham April 16, 2021

Unable to use the JIRA Cloud for Excel add-in (it was working before, then suddenly stopped working)

My colleague and I are facing this exact same issue where it gets stuck on the loading splash screen..

We have tried updated office today.. installed the add-in again.. tried on browser & desktop version both..

Can anyone please help?

Like # people like this
Gregg Silberman July 9, 2021

I'm having the same problem right now. Just a blue spinning wheel that continues indefinitely. Seemed to stop working after the recent security update or possibly related to clearing cache/cookies. I'm not sure if disabling and then re-enabling the plug-in will remove the previous filter that I have saved in my worksheets.

Update: Tried uninstalling, reinstalling the add-in but the issue persists. There is a lot of work that has already been put into creating documents using this add-in and I am no longer able to use or add to this data. What can be done here?

Like # people like this
Deleted user July 11, 2021

I am having the same problem. It wasnt loading. Can anyone help please? 

Like Samantha Tan likes this
Abizar Dholfar July 12, 2021

I am facing the same issue. Loading splash screen keeps showing up and add-in is not loaded. I have tried re-installing the add-in but it doesn't work.

Like Samantha Tan likes this
Like Jill likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2021

As mentioned in the new thread, this was a bug on our side that has now been fixed:

We are aware of the problem here in regards to the Jira Cloud for Excel add-on not working correctly.  We are tracking this problem over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-439

In the meantime, you can try to use either the Excel Online edition or perhaps an updated version of Excel where this problem does not appear to be happening right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience here, our product integrations team is investigating this further.

Like Vitalii Saienko likes this
Robertt Carvalho March 14, 2022

Hi, I just set this option into excel, and back to works

option: Next Time Office starts, clear all

image.png

Like # people like this
Jayson Sabale October 17, 2022

The solution posted by Robertt Carvalho worked! Thanks.

Jeff Pirie June 13, 2023

Robertt Carvalho, I just spent an hour and a half trying to fix this. You gave me back the rest of my day. Thankyou!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events