Unable to upload an app

Grayson Reese September 7, 2021

I have downloaded an app for trial, and under "manage apps" there is no upload option.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Have you downloaded a Server app and are trying to upload it to a Cloud system?

If you are on a Server or DC system, are you logged in as an administrator?

Hey Nic! Thanks for replying. I am logged in as an admin on a Server system. Should have clarified that. I have downloaded a server app and also have a license key.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

Can you show us what you see on the admin -> manage apps page where the upload link should be?

Hi Nic, this is what I see.Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.41.54 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

Ok, great, that covers everything, thank you!

You are a "Jira Admin", not a "System Admin", and only system admins can add apps to Server systems.

0 votes
Curtis Kruger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2024

I know this is an old post, but it shows up at the top of search results.  To re-enable the Upload App feature, you need to add it to the JVM options on the server.  See the documentation below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-re-enable-plugin-upload-1364557898.html

Suggest an answer