Unable to update/save filter permissions , 'Save' button not working

Tom Hemmingway March 28, 2021

Nit sure if this is a bug on JIRA Cloud in general but this 'Save' button doesn't work. Tried from different machines. Just trying to update a filer so other users can see it. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2021

Hi Tom,

Check the global permissions to make sure you have the permission to share filters. 

Got to Settings > System > Global Permissions

Check the Share dashboards and filters permission to see if you are in a group that has that. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@Tom Hemmingway  - Any update here? 

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

Did you use the “Add” button first?

Hi Jack, thanks for replying.

Yes, I did you can see the 'Private' below has been updated to say 'My Organization'.

I've also tried 'Public' but nothing saves.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

Is this happening with other filters? Can you recreate the filter and try? Different browser maybe?

I'm using Chrome, checked IE also the same.

It will save if I just add a description and don't change the Access.

Access can't be changed on any Filters.

All new Filters and copied filters are created as 'Private'.

Theres seems to be no way for me to share any filters due to not being able to change the Access permissions. 

My user account is the Admin.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

Seems odd for sure. I’m not where I can check mine at the moment. I might suggest contacting Atlassian Support. Might be some regression with recent update if you have been previously successful. 

I'm not cover by support since we're on the free tier. I recently moved to Cloud so never actually saw this feature work. 

How do I update Cloud?

I've upgraded to Standard so I can access Support.

I will post the solution on here once they resolve it.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 28, 2021

Tom, sorry I missed that you were on Free. Did you try again after upgrading. I wouldn’t think that sharing filters require standard but not sure about that either. 

Collin Willis February 28, 2022

I was hoping to see the solution to this almost a year on. Wishful thinking I guess.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 28, 2022

What exactly are you experiencing Colin? It may b deserving of a new post actually.

Collin Willis February 28, 2022

Thanks Jack, but I was premature in my question. I took notice of the messages on the screen while creating the filter and realised I was referring to a component I hadn't created yet.

Apologies. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events