Unable to update a default value in custom field

Becky Ansell April 26, 2021

I'm trying to edit the default name in a custom field that was already in place. The custom field is assigned to a project role and the user has been set up and assigned to that project in that role. When I try to type their name, nothing appears in the default user name list? Many thanks. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Becky Ansell ,

Maybe this is due to the fact that you don't have the "Browse users and groups" global permission;

A way to check that is to see if you can find users in a user picker field, if you don't then you find your issue, and you can change this parameter as a Jira Admin from the Global Permissions settings.

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

Becky Ansell April 27, 2021

Thank you Guilhem. I really appreciate your help. In the end the issue was related to the way we had set up the context. It applied to all issues but we had assigned a project role that was only relevant to one issue. Once we changed it to apply to that issue only, the pick list of names appeared. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events