Unable to share filter (next-gen project)

Adam Stein April 2, 2019

I know this question has come up before, but none of the answers have helped me unstick this problem. I have created a filter, but I don't see any way to share it. Sharing isn't an option under the dot menu:

dotdotdot.png

Under the "Details" menu, there is an "Edit permissions" link:

edit-perm.png

But on the dialog that comes up, I can't actually share the filter:

Edit_Current_Filter_Get_help__-_Jira.png

I checked the global permissions, and it does appear that I have permission to share dashboards and filters -- in fact, I granted this permission to everyone. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2019

Hi Adam,

I've tested on my local environment and I was able to add groups to share.
I found a bug related to firefox when Adblock is enabled, it's not possible to share a filter, so let's check more details about your environment.
What browser are you using? Have you tested using another browser or incognito?
Are you the only user facing this issue?
This information will help us to better understand what is happening for us to replicate the issue here.

Regards,
Angélica

Adam Stein April 3, 2019

Adblock was the problem! I'm using Chrome/MacOS with Adblock enabled. Turning it off allowed me to share a filter. Thanks.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Adam Stein April 3, 2019

Well, turning off Adblocker solved the immediate problem -- the sharing widget now appears. I'm still not having any luck actually sharing a filter, but probably the issue now is related to permissions or some other configuration setting.

Adam Stein April 3, 2019

Figured it out -- just some confusing UI design. When adding shared groups, I need to first click the "Add" button and then the "Save" button. That did the trick.

Suggest an answer