Unable to share a filter with groups, where I'm not as member in them.

Lukas August 31, 2022

As I stated in the title, I'm able to share my filters and dashboards with other groups in Jira, only when I'm in the group too, which is very weird. For example there is a group "company-management", and only when I add me into this group, I can see this group in the dropdown field. So that means, I see only the groups, where I'm as member in them.    

filter.png

Global permisssion seems however fine, and it's Jira cloud instance (paid version).

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Lukas,

This is indeed the current behavior: you need to be a member of groups/roles in order to share filters with them. There is a related open suggestion: As an Admin I want the ability to share the visibility of a filter with Groups and Roles that I am not a member of, you can upvote and watch it to be updated if it is released.

- Manon

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Yes, just put yourself in the group long enough to share it/set it up. But then you don’t have to stay in the group 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events