Unable to select users when mentioning in coments or sharing an issue

Ralf Fahney January 25, 2021

Hi everyone,

With my account, I have the following two problems:

• When entering a comment and trying to mention a user by using the @-sign, JIRA doesn't provide to me any list of users for selection
  • The same happens when I wish to share an issue and try to enter a name: JIRA doesn't provide to me any list users for selection

However, everything works fine when assigning an issue to someone.

Other colleagues working on the same projects don't report any similar issues. They are able to share issues and to mention other users in comments. I had been able to some time ago. But somehow things changed and I have no idea why this change happened.

The behaviour is reproducable in the following environments

• Corporate Windows notebook, both corporate LAN and corporate VPN, Chrome browser
  • Private Windows notebook, home WLAN, Firefox browser
  • Mobile Android device using 4G mobile data connection, Chrome browser

Appears like it's not a corporate firewall problem ...

I didn't find any JIRA setting - neither project nor personal - appearing like solving this issue.

Does anyone of you have any further suggestions?

Thank you in advance & Kind regards
Ralf

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021
Ralf Fahney January 27, 2021

Thanks @Trudy Claspill

I thought I had the Browse Users permission but obviously I didn't. Only from this article I learned about the global permissions settings. By thoroughly checking all my group assignments, I found the missing piece of the puzzle.

Absolutely helpful advice, thanks again

Cheers

Ralf

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

generally this has to do w/ permissions. For example you can only mention users that have browse access to the project. But it sounds like you are saying that you don't see any users and I would assume you must have some user in the project with Browse capabilities? In any, can you assign an issue to any user? if so please try to mention the user that you can assign to.

Ralf Fahney January 25, 2021

I can assign any issue to any user. Assigning issues works perfectly. However, mentioning any of those users or trying to share an issue to them doesn't work

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events