Unable to see ticket cross different boards in same project

Mudasir Mirza July 4, 2019

Hey all,

I am stuck in a very weird situation where I am unable to see ticket in different boards in same project.

1. Project has 3 boards (backlog, ad-hoc, weekly). Backlog and ad-hoc are kanban based and weekly is sprint.

2. We add label and component "Ad-hoc" in tickets created in Ad-Hoc board and add label "Weekly" in the tickets in board "Weekly".

The board filter I have applied on Weekly board is below

```project = MyTeam AND (labels = standup OR labels = weekly) AND ("Due Date" < startOfWeek(7d) OR "Due Date" < startOfWeek(-1d)) ORDER BY Rank ASC```

But when I add "Weekly" label in the tickets in "Ad-Hoc" board they do not show up in the Weekly board, they only show up in the Ad-Hoc board. I have tried different variances of the filter but with no luck.

The main purpose is to pick up ad-hoc tasks from "Ad-Hoc" board to our Weekly board so we can estimate our sprint story points and optimze on this

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2019

Hi @Mudasir Mirza,

To try and isolate the issue, have you tried simply running the filter in a "search for tasks" view to see if the issue is displayed?  What I'm looking to see is if the issue isn't showing up because of the filter, or because of some other configuration on the board, like a kanban sub filter, quick filters, the status not being mapped to the correct column on the weekly board.

If the issue still doesn't show up with just the filter you know the problem is with the JQL, if it is there, then there are other board configuration options that should be looked at.

I hope that helps!

-James

Mudasir Mirza July 4, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , 

The thing is, when I am in the "Edit filter query" in the board setting and put the same query (which is there in the question) I see all the tickets in the "edit filter query", but when I save the filter query and come back to the weekly sprint board, I do not see any of those tickets, I just see the ticket which I originally selected in our sprint.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2019

Hi @Mudasir Mirza,

Ok this sounds like there are other board configuration options that are causing those issues not to be displayed. 

Have you looked at the sub-query for the board?  Is there anything there that might further limit the issues being displayed?

When you are viewing the board do you have any quick filters and are they active?

Just a couple of things you could try checking that could impact what issues get displayed.

-James

Mudasir Mirza July 6, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

I am not sure how to check that whether the board has any sub-query or not (I have not set up anything of this sort).

Only the default quick filters ("Only my issues" and "Recently updated") are there, I have not created any new quick filters.

I recently created the "Weekly" board which has nothing setup except for the "Filter query" for the board and swimlanes and columns. 

I will try out few other things and see if anything works for this or not.

Regards

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2019

Hi @Mudasir Mirza ,

Sorry, I read your original question again and realized that things are working on the kanban boards, it's the sprint board where items aren't showing up as expected (sub-filters are only relevant to kanban boards).

At this point the only thing I can think of that might still cause some issues not to show up is unmapped statuses.  Can you look at the column configuration for the "Weekly" board and see if you have any Unmapped statuses?

If you do try adding them to a column and you should see the missing issues.

I hope that helps!

-James

Mudasir Mirza July 8, 2019

@Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

I really appreciate your help and support in this issue. 

I ended up deleting the "Ad-Hoc" board and all issues automatically moved to my "Backlog" board from where I can easily move to my "Weekly" board.

I tried the columns statuses but that also did not work. So I just deleted that board.

Everything is working fine now.

Thanks again for your help

Regards,

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2019

I'm sorry deleting and starting fresh was the answer, but I'm glad you got things working!

-James

Suggest an answer