Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Unable to restrict access to a Request type

Hi Guys

Hope you are well and safe!

I am trying to restrict access to an onboarding request to a certain people in Jira so that only a few users will be able to access and raise this request. However, there seems to be no option in Jira at the moment.

It is a team managed Jira Service Management Project.

Could anyone please suggest a third party tool or an App that can support this functionality?

Answers Appreciated :)

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall Community Leader Sep 02, 2022

Hi @Jaswinder Kaur - Unfortunately, Request Types are tied to the underlying project permissions which apply to all issue/request types.  You have two options:

1. Split out the onboarding request type to a separate project that is locked down appropriately for only those customers you want to provide access.  It's a little more admin overhead, but the cleanest experience for the customer.
  2. You can use automation to comment that they don't have rights and close out the issue. This would be easier on the support team by keeping everything in a single project, but probably not win any friends with customers as they will only be informed that they don't have rights after they have submitted the request.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe there are any marketplace apps for this because of that underlying permissions architecture.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events