Unable to get Linked ticket list on JQL filter based on Issue type.

Rajesh Konda March 23, 2021

Hi all,

I want to print list of linked issue to a issue type on JQL filter, I am able to get linked issues based on key with 

issue in linkedIssues(issueKey,linkType)

but unable to print when i select issuetype. can you please suggest i have tried with below query  issuetype = "Work Pack" AND issueLinkType in ("relates to", "related to", "is caused by", blocks,"is blocked by","is duplicated by") 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michal Patoprsty March 23, 2021

Hi Rajesh

I tried your query and it worked fine for me with default issue type.

issuetype = task AND issueLinkType in ("relates to", "related to", "is caused by", blocks,"is blocked by","is duplicated by",clones)

what means unable to print ?

Did you create your own issuetype Work Pack ?

Does your query return Error or  0 results ?

Hi @Michal Patoprsty  Thanks for your response, when i written the  above query am able to get only "Work pack" issue type tickets but unable to get the linked tickets on JQL filter. like task, bug, story tickets were linked to Work pack when i call the above query it gives me only workpack tickets not all linked tickets.

what means unable to print ?

want to display linked tickets on JQL filter.

Did you create your own issuetype Work Pack ?

yes it is cutom defined issue type

Does your query return Error or  0 results ?

able to retrive only work pack tickets, not all linked tickets on JQl filter.

Michal Patoprsty March 23, 2021

Hi @Rajesh Konda 

Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to achieve this without some marketplace addon. For Cloud version I think you can use Scriptrunner.

Maybe you could achieve this by creating Epic Issue types and assigning issues to those epics. Then you could use 

"Epic Link" is not empty

But you would lose link issue information.

Here is another post where it was talked about https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Get-list-of-linked-issues-how-to/qaq-p/95753

Hi @Michal Patoprsty  Thanks for your help and information, My company not allowed us to use 3rd party add ons. 

We are service based company not using the Epics only service request, incident and custom issue type using and we link multiple issues from different project. 

Michal Patoprsty March 24, 2021

You can always raise an suggestion for atlassian and if it will get enough votes Atlassian may implement it in future.

However, there may be already suggested something like your problem.

e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-25640

but this is only for specific issue not issue types

Like Rajesh Konda likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders