It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Get list of linked issues - how to?

Hi All,

some project leads of our user community faced us a difficult request. They want to get all linked issues for a particular ticket in JIRA. We know that there is such a JQL query for parent-sub tasks: "parent=..."

How to get the linked issues? We are aware of the Linked issues column but they need a list of issues row by row.

Is it somehow possible?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

6 answers

1 accepted

issue in linkedIssues(issueKey)

or

issue in linkedIssues(issueKey,linkType)

Hi Jobin,

thanks a lot!

Hi 

i am not getting the linked issue by using the format you have shown.

My Code is:

def finding_link(self):
    a = self.jira.issue in linkedIssues('FLAS-54')
    print a,'-------'

Like Marlene Martins likes this

Could someone provide an example? I am trying to list all linkedissues for a particular release. The details I am looking for are issuekey and issuetype

An example would be similar to the following

project = ABC or issue in linkedIssues(TEST-123) ORDER BY Rank ASC
Like # people like this

Thank you for this. I've been looking for over an hour for this solution.

Thank you for your help. 

@David Schokker is it possible to list several issues inside the linkedIssues()?

Hi All,

I am trying to get Issues that are linked to another JIRA Project (and not specific to any jira issue). Does wildcard works in Linked issues?

My Requirement: Get all the issues in jira PROJECT1 that are linked to jira PROJECT2

issue in linkedIssues("PROJECT2*")

Used the Script Function and it works as expected:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = Project2")
Like # people like this

I have tried this way (issue in linkedIssues("project = PS")) but it did not work and I had the error message : 

Issue 'project = PS' could not be found in function 'linkedIssues'.

Has anyone tried this function successfully?

Thanks

Yes, it does work for me; I have been using this in Biggantt chart and Kanban filters.

Do check:

1. "PS" is a JIRA project key

2. Your formula needs a small corrections: its "issuefunction" AND "linkedissuesof"

(issuefunction in linkedIssuesof("project = PS"))

Hi Rahul Mittal,

1. Yes, PS is a project key

2. I don't have the Script Runner so the issuefunction  and the linkedIssuesof do not work.

I've watched in the doc for linkedIssues(), it can't have a filter as parameter.
I have to look for another way

Thanks

Hi @Ngoc Anh Ngo  I have the same exact request and issue as you.   Did you find another way other than using linkedIssuesOf ?

What about searching for all issues (Stories or Sub-Tasks) with linked issues?

Hi John, I´m trying to get the results you´re looking for but with somthing more. I´m searching for closed or resolved Issues with open sub-tasks or blocking linked issues. I´m using the follow query:

project = "project" AND fixVersion in (version) AND issuetype in (Story, Bug, "Bug Subtask") AND status in (Closed, "Resolved") AND issueFunction in parentsOf("project = 'project' AND status in(Open, 'In Progress')") OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = 'proyect' AND status in(Open, 'In Progress')", blocks)

But already the results include some stories with In Progress or Verified status and I don´t know why? Somebody have an idea?

dear all

I am trying to a have a dynamic list from Service Desk issue list where I list all the SD issues that have not linked to a proper issue in our JIRA software.

I did not understand how to extract the list of open issues - for a specific project - not linked to any issue.

Any idea?

regards

f.

Hello All,

Does something like this should for in cloud?

issue in linkedIssues("project = "X" AND fixVersion = BETA")

Dear Gino

we are not using fixVersion field - anyway I am not able to understand why I need to add that field to look for linked issued.

I need this to list a Service Desk Ticket and all the connected internal tickets.

regards

f.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

392 views 3 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you